Riverside Medical is located in Drumheller, Alberta and seeks a fulltime Patient Care Coordinator to work within a multidisciplinary team. The Patient Care Coordinator supports the patient experience in a patient medical home model of care being responsible for the day-to-day administrative management of patients. We are a new thriving clinic and there is opportunity to be part of a fun and driven team, as well as contribute to the shaping of the practice as it continues to grow. We encourage all applicants to review our website to become familiar with our patients first, Patient Medical Home clinic model.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Patient Health Advocacy Responsibilities - Ensure care is provided to patients in accordance with the appropriate professional and patient medical home standards.
Multidisciplinary Team Responsibilities - As a member of the patient centred care team the Patient Care Coordinator will perform, communicate and collaborate with all internal and external disciplines with well being of the patient being the focus.
Administrative Responsibilities - With a focus on details and organization the Patient Care Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling and patient flow within the clinic processes.
Quality Improvement - Each team member will support quality improvement and promotion of transformational change within a patient medical home model of care.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple processes and tasks
- Maintain focus on the patient needs
- Perform tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills or ability to learn computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including websites and social media)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to remain calm in difficult situations
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Willing to learn new skills
- Able to take patient vitals and provide patient instructions for basic tests (e.g. urinalysis, eye exams, etc.)
Education / Experience
- Completion of diploma or certificate program for Medical Office Assistant
- Minimum of two year’s medical clinic experience would be an asset
- Equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications to be reviewed with individual applicants.
Please Note: All applications require references, cover letter, and current resume outlining experience and abilities relevant to the position. A cover letter and resume are essential to determine candidates selected for interview. Applications will be accepted until October 2, 2018. Please submit application to email@example.com