Riverside Medical’s Inter-professional Healthcare Team consists of a
Patient Care Coordinator Lead: Candace Baxter
Patient Care Coordinatory: Sue
Executive & Personal Assistant: Jessica Hansen
Primary Care LPN: Aly Price
Physician & Founder: Dr. Rithesh Ram
Physician, Co-Founder & Writer: Dr. Veronique Ram.
Pharmacist: Ray Ainscough and Rxellence
Connect Hearing: Connect Hearing has over 20 years of experience in many different areas of Audiology.
Office Therapy Dog: Samson Ram
Click here to read more about our team.
Both Dr. Rithesh Ram and Dr. Veronique Ram are currently accepting new patients. They specialize in Rural Generalist Medicine:
- Comprehensive primary care for individuals, families and communities
- Hospital in-patient care and/or related secondary medical care in the institutional, home or ambulatory setting
- Emergency care in the hospital
- Extended and evolving service in one or more areas of focused cognitive and/or procedural practice as required to sustain needed health services locally among a network of colleagues
- A population health approach that is relevant to the community
- Working as part of a multi-professional and multi-disciplinary team of colleagues, both local and distant, to provide services within a ‘system of care’ that is aligned and responsive to community needs.
They also offer specialized care in the following:
- Care of the Elderly, Palliative/Cancer Care, & Wound Care
- Sport and Exercise Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Injection therapy including ultrasound guided
- Dermatology & Minor Surgical Procedures
- Addiction & Mental Health
- Child Health
- Prenatal Care
- Women's Health, including IUD insertions
- Population, Community & Public Health
Riverside Medical believes in working as a team inside and outside of the clinic. We therefore continue to seek out partnerships inside and outside of the community that will improve the health and well-being of our patients. These partnerships include:
- Big Country Primary Care Network
- Town of Drumheller Economic Task Force Subcommittee on Health and Government
- University of Alberta “BEDMED Study”
- University of Calgary “ACCESS Study”
- PaCT which is a partnership with Primary Care Networks (PCNs), the Alberta Medical Association - Toward Optimized Practice (AMA TOP) and Alberta Health Services (AHS) supported by patient representatives, the Health Quality Council of Alberta (HQCA) and the Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund (ACPLF).
The clinic offers a convenient location with free, unlimited parking in the Badlands Community Facility lot, wheelchair access with reserved front parking, and supplemental free parking across Riverside Drive.
The expansive views are some of the best in the valley, offering a calming atmosphere combined with the soothing décor and colors. We have large, themed patient care rooms, not examination rooms or doctor rooms, which provide amble space for the patient and their families. For example, we have a Disney themed room designated for pediatric patients, or families with kids. Our clinic also conforms to music therapy, as it has decades of evidence on its positive effects for pain, mental health, dementia, autism, and ADHD.
We are at the forefront for use with regards to medical technologies. This includes being able to send results via our secure email service, Brightsquid that meets all of the privacy requirements for the province, handheld wireless ultrasound, Kardiamobile (medical grade FDA approved EKG), and Ocean by CognisantMD™ (connects patients, healthcare providers, and researchers using secure patient forms, screening tools, and surveys that integrate with the EMR).