Our Personal Inter-professional Healthcare Team consists of Clinic General Manager Kathy Stark, Patient Care Coordinators Candace Baxter and Sue Ilsely, Executive & Personal Assistant Jessica Hansen, Physician & Founder Dr. Rithesh Ram, and Physician, Co-Founder & Writer Dr. Veronique Ram who is presently completing her residency in rural medicine and will join the team full time December 2019. Click here to read more about our team.
Another member of the Personal Inter-professional Healthcare Team you may encounter is Pharmacist Ray Ainscough with Rxcellence who has a dispensary on location and is available for medication review, counselling, injection therapy including allergies, immunization, steroids, pain injection etc.
Another member of the Personal Inter-professional Healthcare Team, Connect Hearing has over 20 years of experience in many different areas of Audiology. From manufacturing to private practice, Connect Hearing has enjoyed the many genres of helping people hear better. Connect Hearing understands the challenges of hearing loss, she herself is hearing impaired and has been successfully aided for years.
Our Healthcare Professionals are accepting new patients and also offer Same Day Appointments after 9:00 a.m. Monday to Friday. We have extended clinic hours on Mondays, (including most holidays) until 8:00 pm for walk-in only.
Our healthcare professionals specialize in Rural Generalist Medicine:
- Comprehensive primary care for individuals, families and communities
- Hospital in-patient care and/or related secondary medical care in the institutional, home or ambulatory setting
- Emergency care in the hospital
- Extended and evolving service in one or more areas of focused cognitive and/or procedural practice as required to sustain needed health services locally among a network of colleagues
- A population health approach that is relevant to the community
- Working as part of a multi-professional and multi-disciplinary team of colleagues, both local and distant, to provide services within a ‘system of care’ that is aligned and responsive to community needs.
Our healthcare professionals also offer specialized care in the following:
- Care of the Elderly, Palliative/Cancer Care, & Wound Care
- Sport and Exercise Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Injection therapy including ultrasound guided
- Dermatology & Minor Surgical Procedures
- Addiction & Mental Health
- Child Health
- Women's Health
- Population, Community & Public Health
- Prenatal Care
Riverside Medical believes in working as a team inside and outside of the clinic. We therefore continue to seek out partnerships inside and outside of the community and will improve the health and well-being of our patients. These partnerships include:
- Big Country Primary Care Network
- Town of Drumheller Economic Task Force Subcommittee on Health and Government
- University of Alberta “BEDMED Study”
- University of Calgary “ACCESS Study”
- Phase 1 involvement in PaCT which is a partnership with Primary Care Networks (PCNs), the Alberta Medical Association - Toward Optimized Practice (AMA TOP) and Alberta Health Services (AHS) supported by patient representatives, the Health Quality Council of Alberta (HQCA) and the Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund (ACPLF).
The clinic offers a very convenient location with free, unlimited parking in the Badlands Community Facility lot, wheelchair access with reserved front parking. The expansive views are some of the best in the valley, offering a calming atmosphere combined with the soothing décor and colors. We have large, themed patient care rooms, not examination rooms or doctor rooms, which provide amble space for the patient and their families. For example, we have a Disney themed room designated for pediatric patients, or families with kids. Our clinic also conforms to music therapy, as it has decades of evidence on its positive effects for pain, mental health, dementia, autism, ADHD, etc.
We are at the forefront for use with regards to medical technologies. This includes being able to send results via our secure email service that meets all of the privacy requirements for the province, handheld wireless ultrasound, Kardiamobile ( medical grade FDA approved EKG), Ocean by CognisantMD™ (connects patients, healthcare providers, and researchers using secure patient forms, screening tools, and surveys that integrate with the EMR),
and more to come.
Leading the way to provide delivery of care based on the Patient Medical Home
To create a multidisciplinary team to ensure our patients receive timely access to comprehensive care – from people who
Excellence * Communication * Team * Honesty *
Hard Work * Dedication * Humour * Education *
Approachable * Helpful * Friendly * Compassion