Riverside Medical is located in Drumheller, Alberta and seeks a Patient Care Leader to work within a multidisciplinary team to provide patient-centred care with our team. We are a new thriving clinic and there is opportunity to be part of a fun and driven team, as well as contribute to the shaping of the practice as it continues to grow. We encourage all applicants to review our website to become familiar with our patients first, Patient Medical Home clinic model.
- Registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) or the College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support—Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) is required
- Must have graduated from an approved/recognized Practical Nurse program
- Current certification for BGM, CPR, and IV Management are preferred or to be completed within 3 months of hire.
- Breastfeeding knowledge is an asset
- Self directed and able to work within a patient-centred care model
- Demonstrates a courteous, positive, and honest attitude and able to work well within a team/multidisciplinary approach
- Flexible in adapting to changes in workload and assignment as required
- Demonstrates effective communication skills to maintain effective interpersonal relationships and the ability to take direction from Physicians and the Clinic Manager
- Competence in relevant technical nursing skills and a willingness to learn new skills as required
- Ability to liaise with, and provide appropriate reporting to Big Country Primary Care Network
- Demonstrates ongoing responsibility for maintaining their own continuing competence through professional development activities
- Ability to work independently in an organized and efficient manner demonstrating organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates being self-motivated displaying initiative in judgment to meet emergency or unusual situations
- An excellent attendance record, reliability and personal suitability must be demonstrated through your employment references
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications to be reviewed with individual applicants.
Please Note: All applications require references, cover letter, and current resume outlining experience and abilities relevant to the position. A cover letter and resume are essential to determine candidates selected for interview. Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2018.